Thursday, April 16, 2009

Because I said so…I’m the mom, the mom, the mom, the Mom!

Because I said so…I’m the mom the mom the mom the mom! How many times have you found yourself saying those words? I know that I’ve said them many times to my girls. Now when they ask why, they will often time ask because you’re the mom? I simply reply yes. As mothers or caregivers we often know what is best for our children. Because of our experience we can help lead them down the right paths and keep them from harm and danger. God entrusted us with our children and as stewards we should do our best to raise them and help them to make the right decisions. They have to do what we tell them to do and trust in our authority over them. Well, since they have to trust in us as parents and accept what we tell them to be the truth and what is best for them. Why is it so hard for us to trust in our Father who is in heaven? If we believe that God is our creator and that He loves us and care for us then why do we not accept His will for us without questions? If we believe that God is all-knowing (omniscient) and all-powerful (omnipotent) and everywhere present (omnipresent) then why do we not accept that God knows what is best for us. I know that there have been times that I’ve prayed and asked God for certain things and then tried to make them happen on my own. There have been times when I’ve wondered why God wouldn’t answer my prayers in the manner that I wanted. When my son Matthew died, my earthly dad told me that I would be okay when I stopped trying to figure out why. It took some time but my dad was right, I had to learn to trust in the Lord and accept the decision that He made for me and my family. God wants us to trust Him just like we want our kids to trust us. We want our kids to obey us and do what we ask of them out of obedience even if they don’t understand. Likewise, we must obey our Father’s will for us out of obedience and not understanding. We should have no problems trusting that our Father only wants the best for us. You may be suffering through hard times, you may be dealing with health issues, you may have marriage problems, you may be dealing with “hard-headed children or you just may not understand where you are or what is going on in your life but whatever the problem maybe we must follow the example Job left us in Job 13:15 when he boldly declared: “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.” “To trust in Jesus is to believe in Him, to have abiding and unbounded confidence in Him. When such trust exists, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise. “ Author Unknown It is my prayer that we will come to trust in the Lord forever and always. Love, Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment