Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall - Am I giving my life my all? Part II

Spiritual Life A few weeks ago, I asked you to examine the question "am I giving my life my all?" in five different areas (spiritual, self, marriage, children and family). Over the next few weeks, we will explore each area in dept. As we near the end of another work week, let us consider whether or not we are giving our spiritual lives our all. Proverbs 18:14 "The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear? When we are in constant prayer and study of God's word we can keep a positive spirit in spite of what others may do or say to destroy it. But if our spirit is weak, it will be hard to bear the burdens that we may face in this life. Our spiritual life should consist of building a relationship with God. Just as we nourish relationships with our spouses, children, parents and siblings etc. we should seek to have a close relationship with God. We can obtain a relationship with God through prayer and studying God's word. When we pray, not only do we get to petition God for things that we desire but we also have the priviledge of giving praises unto Him and seeking Him for widsom. I talk to God daily all through out the day about things that bother me or for guidance on decisions that I need to make. We also can nourish our spiritual relationship with God by studying His word. In the bible are answers to any problem we must face but we have come into the knowledge of it for it to be used effectively. Although I am a constant prayer, I must admit that I will let some days pass sometimes without reading God's word. My miror reflection this morning reminds me to read God's word daily so that it may become "a lamp unto my feet, and a light uto my path" Psalm 119:105. Knowing God's word (the truth) will keep us free from the bondage of sin. Ephesians 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. " This means that in Christ we have all the benefits of knowing God. We can enjoy blessing when we have an intimate relationship with Him that will not be offered to others. What does your mirror tell you about your spiritual life? It is my prayer that we all begin to live the best spiritual life. Love, Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment