Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall - Am I giving my life my all? Part IV

MARRIAGE Wow, were do I begin other than by saying as with every other aspect our lives our marriages must be reviewed and revived constantly. As you look at your mirror reflection what question or statement comes to mind? Would you say “I’m happily married”, I’m unhappily married” or “Why did you get married?” Earlier this year Ken and I attended a couple’s banquet at Union Chapel M.B. Church in Huntsville for Valentine’s Day. The theme was “It takes Three”. What awesome words because we really do need God in our marriages to help us sort through all of our issues and to help us grow and stay in love. At the wedding of Princess Elizabeth, Geoffrey Francis Fisher the Archbishop of Canterbury gave these words of wisdom “The ever-living Christ is here to bless you. The nearer you keep him, the nearer you will be to one another”. These words I have found to be so true. When we have a close relationship with God we see and think differently. For me, I pray daily for my husband in every aspect of his life (self, ministry, work, etc). I pray that daily we will grow more and more in love with each other. Although, I know I’m married to my best friend, there are times that we don’t agree but more than any problems that we’ve faced we want to be married to each other. So we work hard to have a healthy, flirty relationship. Ladies, we have to pick and choose the battles we fight. We have to think sometimes before we speak; maybe he really didn’t mean it the way we perceived. Don’t always wait for him to ask you out, it’s about team efforts and letting him know that it’s time for a date is okay. Don’t always expect for your husband to read your mind, if he doesn’t know share with him. Don’t tell your girlfriends why your angry at him and not tell him, he really may not know. Go back to letter writing it’s works during good and bad times. In every aspect of lives we have expectations placed on us and we place expectations on others. Let us make sure that we state what our expectations are in our marriages, it will make things so much better. Remember, marriage is a condition in which no woman gets everything she expected, and no man expects everything he gets. "She that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband" 1 Corinthians 7:34 I pray that every day we strive to have a healthy and happy marriage in the Lord. Blessings to each of you, Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment