Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Money Can't Buy Everything


Many people in today's society think that if your not working and making money to acquire all that life has to offer that you can't be happy or peaceful. Yes, I just like others use be of the same mind with that thought but I know better now.
We do however need money to survive in this world so that is why I agree with George Lorimer when he said, "It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.
In July someone asked me, "why don't you go back to work?". When I assured this person that I was enjoying taking care of my family at the present time another question was posed. Well, you probably should work to help buy your girls the things that they want and need. Again, I assured this person that my girls wanted for nothing. The third question was, "Do they have a savings account?" Okay by now I have to really call on Jesus to maintained composure.
My response to her and advice to others is that peace and happiness can only come from God. Psalm 29:11 assures me that "The Lord will give strenght unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace". We as people will never be satisfied on our own, we always need or want something. Our money may be able to buy us all the material posessions, gadgets and keep us in the active in different activities but they are only temporary.
I can attest to Psalm 34:9 "O fear the Lord, ye saints: for there is no want to them that fear him." My family no longer enjoys the luxury of $100,000 plus year income but God has and is providing for us graciously. God is our provider and He fills every one of our needs and most of our desires.
I choose not to give my girls all the latest and greatest but what I give them first is the "fear of God" and secondly all the love and time that money and things can't.
Money really doesn't equal peace and happiness but the fear of the Lord does! Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?...But seek ye frist the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Be blessed,
Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment