Friday, July 17, 2009

Safe in the Strong Tower – Yet Again!

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” I am so thankful that I have these words to give me comfort in whatever situation that I may face. The above scripture was revealed to me back in 2005 as my family struggled through the cancer diagnosis, treatment and healing my daughter Lauren. Every time, I would find myself in a state of sadness, worry, confusion, it is that assurance that kept me strong. It is peculiar that even in the very moments of believing and trusting God, the spirit of fear tries to invade the mind and destroy the happiness and joy that I’ve found in God. Through some very profound advice “Seek God’s Face Daily” that I received from a friend during our “St. Jude Experience” I have been able to put that into practice by seeking Him daily in prayer for all that I say, think and do. Today, we spent the day at St. Jude getting our six month check-up for Lauren. Although, Lauren is cancer-free and I believe in the miracle that God has given us I found myself tossing and turning in the what-ifs tonight. Unable to sleep, I got up to search the bible for a word to give me peace and comfort and to enter into prayer with God. Should I be surprised, in my spirit entered Proverbs 18:10-11“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” I am once again reminded that I don’t have to toss and turn and worry or lose sleep over the what-ifs. All I need to do is keep trusting God and seeking His face diligently. My faith doesn’t lie in the ability to see into the future or to get conformation on what will be 20 years from now rather my faith is in God and I will trust in the Lord until I die. Hebrews 11:1 tells say “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” I am so thankful that through my frailties I can share with you this week because just like the tree planted by the waters I shall not be moved. Many of you may never face some of the adversities that I have but I know that everybody has a story and that story is important. That’s why I am so excited to tell you that you too can be safe from whatever your story is by finding refuge in the Lord. I am going to bed and I will awake in the morning and continue to live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment with my family! I am praying for peace and harmony with you and your families as well. Sweet Blessing, Benita

No comments:

Post a Comment